Saturday, November 17, 2012

FACE-OFF: Maybeline's Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Vs. Tony Moly's Liquid Gel Liner

It's my first time to make a face-off review. Obviously. Hihihi.

Making a review on different gel liners in 2 different colors: And I hope I can be able to justify it's pros and cons even though I am showcasing 2 different colors.

Here is the Maybeline's Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black:



Maybelline's Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Pros and Cons:
PROS:
-Long lasting. As it says in it's packaging that smudge-proof and water proof.
-Dries up fast.
-a package of this product always comes with a brush. Unlikely to other gel liners.
-Brush tip is excellent! I can create a thin line with this one. And the brush comes with a cover
-doesn't irritate the eyes
-first apply and I already achieve the color I desire
-price wise: it costs me around P449
-can buy this to any top selling department stores
CONS:
-Since the brush applicator is separated, you really have to take care of it or else you'll purchase another brush again.
-what I hate about smudge-proof and water-proof products are you really have to use a make-up remover as it doesn't easily remove by soap and water and facial cleanser.
-it doesn't smudge around the upper lid area but applying this one in your lower lid area, especially when you have teary eyes, it smudges a little. Don't put too much or else you'll look horrible.


And Tony Moly's Gel Eyeliner in Brown: Packaging





Tony Moly's Gel Liner Pros and Cons:
PROS:
-smudge-proof and water-proof
-the package comes with cover and the brush is connected to the gel liner's cover, plus the brush can be extended. this is totally a handy gel liner kit unlike to Maybelline's Gel Liner.
-This one doesn't smudge (or smudge less than the other product) when I apply this on my lower eyelid.
-Price wise: it costs me P400. You can purchase this one in https://www.facebook.com/szakiyahs.online.shop
-doesn't irritate the eyes
-can be easily remove by soap and water
CONS:
-it takes a little longer than Maybelline's gel liner to dry
-the brush is thicker than of Maybelline's Gel liner that it makes it harder to manage than the other one.
-I have to apply more to achieve the color I desire.

Here are the swatches: (sorry for the poor quality as I am using my cellphone only)



What I want in a make-up (since I'm not really good at eye make-ups) is it should be handy, long-lasting, easy to apply and easy to remove.

Rating it from 1-5 (1 lowest and 5 being the highest), I gave Maybelline's Lasting Drama a grade of 4 and Tony Moly's Gel Eyeliner a grade of 4.5

I hope my review helps you in purchasing the right product.

With Love.

ianeisfab

Disclaimer: This review is base on my honest and sincere observation base on how it works on my skin/face. I do not claim that my personal experience might be similar to the reader's experience, too. Before purchasing the product, kindly check the active ingredients and in case of irritation, kindly discontinue use the product.





2 comments:

  1. Your review is a great help, especially to those who have limited budget on makeups only.

    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to Maybelline Lasting Drama gel eyeliner and all products of Maybelline products, you can purchase from the online shopping portal https://awesomebazar.com/brands/maybelline-new-york/

    ReplyDelete